OUR Personalised funerals
Post Funeral Services
Union Casket offers a series of post-funeral services.
49 Day Prayer
The Buddhist and Taoist funeral services are usually performed for 49 days. During this period, the family members will pray and carry out charitable deeds to collect merits for their departed loved ones. They believe that these merits will help guide the deceased’s soul towards the path to rebirth and that it takes 49 days for the soul to transition to a new life.
Union Casket offers the necessary services to help your family perform their deeds and rituals throughout these 49 days. Our services are inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Custody service for the ancestral tablet
- Plan and arrange optional prayers on every 7th day
- Organise the Ancestral Table Moving Ceremony on the 49th day to transfer the tablet to the final resting place
Speak to us to find out more about our services available for the 49 Days Prayers.
The Buddhists and Taoists perform the Gong Teck ceremony on either the 49th day, 100th day, 1 year or 3 years after the funeral to celebrate the peaceful departure of their loved ones and the transition of the deceased onto the next stage of life. It’s a way to convey respect and gratitude to their departed loved ones.
During the ceremony, monks and priests usually chant mantras to remove all sufferings of the deceased and to take away the hardships of the wandering souls. The Buddhists and Taoists believe this ceremony will collect helpful merits for the transitions of their departed loved ones.
The Gong Teck will be celebrated by offering the deceased generous servings of food, burning paper replicates of lavish mansions and cars, clothes, bags, and folded joss paper to represent gold and silver bars – to be used by the deceased in the afterlife.
Here is the list of services offered by the Union Casket for a fulfilling Gong Teck ceremony:
- Planning the rituals according to your budget, religion, dialect group, family size, the stipulated dates, etc.
- Fix a proper space that can fit the Grand Prayer Altar, items required for the ceremony and the attendees
- Food and joss paper offering services
- Transporting the ancestral table back to the initial site
Union Casket can tailor the Gong Teck ceremony to fit your needs and requirements. It can be performed in an HDB flat or celebrated extravagantly. Get in touch with us today for more information.
Ancestral Tablet Prayers
The Buddhists and Taoists strongly believe that the spirits of their departed loved ones continue to influence the living, even after passing on.
A holy ancestral tablet is a sacred symbol. It allows the younger generation to pay respect to their ancestors through prayers.
The ancestral tablet prayers are usually conducted during these occasions:
- Installing the ancestral tablet
- Moving the ancestral tablet
- Death anniversaries of the ancestors
- Traditional festivals
- Every seventh day until the 49th day, after the funeral
Regardless of the festival or occasion, Union Casket can help you perform the most fulfilling and satisfying ancestral tablet prayers.